19 thoughts on “Docker Desktop is Now Available on Linux”

1. I wanted this so badly once upon a time. Then I discovered portainer and I stopped using Docker Desktop in Windows.

2. After my experience with DD for Mac I wouldn’t want to touch it with a 10 foot pole unless you enjoy random segfaulting for no reason.

Just use the CLI + install Portainer and be done with it.

3. Who was the project manager on this? Did they not do research on this? What a waste. No one wants a GUI in Linux and if you did use something well established and already done. Portainer. They barely such the cri-dockerd stuff maybe get the CNI better supported.

4. I thought “docker ps” was the Linux version of docker desktop. Maybe I’m alone but I find the command line along with docker compose infinitely easier to manage.

5. Lol, native docker was the #1 reason I switched to Linux for my desktop. They should at least add an option to use it with the native docker daemon.

6. Could we then get a DockerDesktop for mac that actually works? (Like doesn’t fail to start after moving the image with the built-in move feature for instance…)

7. > exact same Docker Desktop experience that’s currently available on macOS and Windows

Oh nice, so they slow down my Container by 10x and take away all my IOPS and Memory? 😀

8. Oh, a lot of people complaining about docker desktop on Mac. I have been using it since 1 year and I use kubernetes setup too provided with it, never faced any issue so far.
    What exactly do you guys hate about DD on Mac if anyone can share?