17 thoughts on “Can I get an AMEN for Laravel?”

1. If you worked with raw node, the difference is big, I recommend taking a look at NestJs, it’s an amazing node framework.

2. Honestly if it wasn’t for Laravel and Inertia, I don’t think I would be in web development anymore.

Inertia especially makes creating web apps fun, super seamless and I love the ability to use Vue easily.

3. Convention over configuration is an underrated benefit of using a framework. Yes, you might not be able to use some specific tools, but you also don’t have to waste a lot of mental energy deciding how you want to implement boilerplate because _it’s already been done for you_ (and better). I feel like Laravel gives a great balance between flexibility and simplicity.

4. Speaking of Node…

A framework that deserves 10x the recognition it has gained so far in the Node world, is AdonisJS. [https://adonisjs.com/](https://adonisjs.com/)

It’s a monolith TypeScript web framework heavily inspired by Laravel and Rails. It’s awesome, and is the main reason I’m still on Node for newer projects. I also missed a monolith like Laravel. The Adonis ecosystem isn’t as big as it is on Laravel, but if you love Laravel and want to try out Node – check it out. Docs are great too.

I started using in prod late 2021 when Adonis 5 (the TypeScript version) went out of preview. In a matter of weeks I had ported Express APIs over to Adonis. I love Node and Express, but I don’t love the unique cocktail of libraries and “glue code” needed to tie it all together. Cherry picking libraries definitely a flexibility that is great to have, but having a monolith as a backbone and then cherry pick from there is much better IMO.

5. I also worked with Nodejs and Python (expressjs, sailsjs, Flask, and Django), yet I still prefer Laravel by far for my personal projects. Not that the others are not good, but Laravel is just miles ahead.

6. I’m someone who spent 1-2 years learning asp.net during and after college. I’m ok with it, but things just never clicked when I used it.

Recently started Laravel due to work commitments, and man it’s similar, but in another way, feels easier and better to use. Amen to Laravel!

7. Most people I know that come to Laravel from something else, end up loving Laravel.

I know .NET devs, Java guys, Node, and Ruby on Rails developers that are now working in Laravel and much prefer it to their former tools.

After spending a few years on Rails and Node, I’m now using Laravel and it really is amazing. Gave me a whole new appreciation for PHP in general.

8. I din’t think any top tier company use Laravel anymore. It’s more of an it sweat shop and low tier consulting kind of framework.

9. I just started using Laravel and I wanna know what I need to know about Laravel if I wanna master it very well. Please tell me if u know