Is facebook lagging for everyone else or just me?

Hello. I prefer messaging on Facebook website rather than mobile so I just text on Facebook but lately it has been freezing every like 2 seconds when typing a message, is anyone else experiencing this or is it just my browser? (I use Brave)

35 thoughts on “Is facebook lagging for everyone else or just me?”

1. Same here i tryed with Opera GX and Google Chrome and both do the same stuff. Everytime i try to comment something everything in facebook just freezes for 2 to 5 seconds and then all the text appears.

Got my nervers and i downloadded the messenger app for W10. Is nearly impossible to do something in the website now.

2. Same issue happening to me. Anything that involves typing causes lag. Whether it be chatting on messenger, creating a post, or leaving a comment.

3. I’ve found out that its linked to adblock. Facebook is sniffing out what we type, as we type and adblock is trying to prevent it from what i’ve read. So by disabling adblock, it will return to normal speed.

4. This is seriously crazy. I’m running Vivaldi and typing a single line of text in Messenger just took about ten seconds of 30% processor utilization on my 2600X. The whole tab just locks up, then all the text processes through.

5. I’ve been getting this on/off for the past year. It’s infuriating. Typing a comment that should take 2 seconds takes 30 seconds.

6. Yep, been lagging for a little bit now in chrome on PC.

Definitely not chrome or my PC at fault as I type this currently it’s just fine.

Someone on another post about it in Edge said it was resolved by turning off Ad-Block on Facebook but frankly, fuck that.

7. Oh so it’s not just me. All of a sudden on both my home & work laptops (using Chrome) it’s been supper laggy, particularly typing in Messenger. Guess I’ll disable adblock for FB…

8. A lot of people are saying it is AdBlock. I’ll just take their word for it since it makes sense. But I’m not disabling AdBlock in Facebook since Facebook is one of the primary reasons that AdBlock exists.

I use BabelPad (https://www.babelstone.co.uk/Software/BabelPad.html). It’s a handy, stay-on-top, basic text editor that also facilitates using special characters (Babel is a character map app).

Type comments into BabelPad and paste them into Facebook. A bit of extra work, but preferable to being bathed in advertising filth the whole time you are on Facebook.

9. Facebook is lagging all the time and searching for newtork when the signal is strong and working well in other app. With seeing so much corruption with Facebook, I am wondering if its the leadup to G5 transmissions so as to convince people how good it is and appear to solve Internet problems, while creating acceptance of it when the only problem seems to be Facebook

10. Yup, in Internet age this is an “old” thread, but as someone else commented FB is the reason for AdBlock. It’s not just when typing, just mouse-over the like icon to click an emoji takes forever to bring up the list of images. I for one will not be disabling AdBlock, just reduce my use of FB.

And this behaviour is only on FB, no other sites (so far).

11. Yeah, I have time to type out like ten paragraphs before it starts to register and put letters on the page every time I start to type.

I’ve got a MONSTER rig and I use Chrome.

12. It’s taking me up to five minutes to type in a long post at this point; I thought it was just me. I’ve tried all the usual fixes and I am baffled. I just keep open multiple windows at this point to let posts load at the current glacial speed.