This Sub is toxic AF.

A few days ago, I saw a post of someone asking for a browser with support for multiple profiles, good bookmark sync and extensibility. To be honest, Chromium browsers work really well with all these features. Therefore, I recommended Microsoft Edge, which is as of now the Chromium browsers with most features and an awesome UI. But as always Firefox and privacy elicits started giving me and u/hemish04082005 downvotes. I mean, honestly privacy shall be respected on the web, but you can't deny the fact if a browser is actually good, and shall be appreciated rather than downvoting it.

Firefox is not very good with multiple profiles and the new Proton UI sucks. I am pretty sure I am gonna get some downvotes here too.

13 thoughts on “This Sub is toxic AF.”

1. > [Don’t] Complain about the votes you do or do not receive, especially by making a submission voicing your complaint. You may have just gotten unlucky. Try submitting later or seek out other communities to submit to. Millions of people use reddit; every story and comment gets at least a few up/downvotes. Some up/downvotes are by reddit to fuzz the votes in order to confuse spammers and cheaters. This also includes messaging moderators or admins complaining about the votes you did or did not receive, except when you suspect you’ve been targeted by vote cheating by being massively up/downvoted.

2. Should I upvote you because your point is valid, or should I downvote you to help support your contention that the sub is toxic? I just want to do the right thing here.

3. I agree there are some hardcore browser bashers on this sub. I have my favorite browser but I don’t feel the need to convince anyone it is the best.

4. its not toxic its just 2nd subreddit of firefox . so no matter what someone asks for, people recommed him/her firefox. if you literally ask for a browser that is not firefox ,someone in comments typing 10 lines for why you should use firefox . so in this subreddit if anything you say go against firefox you get downvotes . no matter what . if its true or not .

personally im rather not commenting/helping/… any related firefox things in this sub .

5. I don’t think it is an issue there have been multiple times I have been downvoted just for pointing out few problems of brave and edge, and trust me I have used literally every browser and test latest chromium everyday, so I know what is wrong and what is right and even if I got downvoted i assume other have different opinions than me, I don’t post a thread dedicated to toxicity of this sub. Users like u/doughball97 often downvote me just because I use firefox, I also use edge which is his favourite browser but he has more problem with me for using firefox rather than my firefox centric opinions. There are plenty of browsers you could use and everyone suggests their flavours and if your flavour is different than other you may get downvoted, reddit has feature just for this purpose people could downvote others, its nothing to say about, and you just got -2 votes which is common considering your post issue.

6. Tbh it’s not this sub only. Firefox fanboys are on a lot of subs. r/privacy r/privacytoolsio r/bravebrowser and so on.

7. Seriously… who cares? -2 and -1 downvotes? That’s what you’re complaining about? Get over it and grow a thicker skin. Welcome to Reddit. If you can’t handle something as insignificant as that, then you probably should go somewhere else.

8. Are you saying FF brigades? Say it ain’t so! . I see 2 of them here already.

Let’s not even mention the bots that post here just to stir the shit.

This sub should be renamed “Browser Fight Club”.

9. In my pov, toxicity is when people start harassing/threatening you for some reason. Which means, downvotes doesn’t qualify for that.

But yeah, there’s a lot of fanboys in this sub.

10. I’m usually an Opera GX guy on mobile, where I don’t do anything important, and a brave browser guy on my windows

11. this sub is mix of people pretending brave is different from chrome and ones pretending quantum is firefox and everything is fine with a little sprinkle of ones pretending chredge is different from chrome

12. Oh boy, you haven’t been to r/firefox then. Now that’s a proper circlejerk cock sucking dumpsetrfire of a sub. Apart from general hatred towards Brave, this sub is pretty tamed.