Lately when starting a new Flask project I found that I often had to rebuild a lot of functionality that I already built for different projects. To make my live easier I have been maintaining a minimal Flask REST API which can be used as a template for a new Flask REST API. I thought it might help other along as well!
I recently updated the repo so that it now features:
* Minimal Flask 2.X App
* Async/Await Functionallity
* Basic Type Hints
* Unit tests
* Integration With Redis For Background Tasks
* App Structured Using Blueprints
* Application Factory Pattern Used
* Authentication Functionality Using JWT
* Basic Database Functionality Included (SQLite3)
* Rate Limiting Functionality Based on Flask-Limiter For All The Routes In The Authentication Blueprint
* Support for .env and .flaskenv files build in
You can find the GitHub repo here:
Hope this is useful for someone! Feedback is also always welcome!