Hi there **👋**
I created a [**complete Kubernetes course**](https://youtu.be/X48VuDVv0do), which I think could be interesting for some (beginners) of you. If you're just getting started with Kubernetes, but maybe also good for refreshing some concepts.
**What is Kubernetes**
* What problems does Kubernetes solve?
* What features do container orchestration tools offer?
**Main K8s Components**
* Node & Pod
* Service & Ingress
* ConfigMap & Secret
* Deployment & StatefulSet
* Worker Nodes
* Master Nodes
* Api Server
* Controller Manager
* etcd - the cluster brain
Minikube and kubectl - Local Setup
* What is minikube?
* What is kubectl?
* install minikube and kubectl
* create and start a minikube cluster
**Main Kubectl Commands - K8s CLI**
* Get status of different components
* create a pod/deployment
* layers of abstraction
* change the pod/deployment
* debugging pods
* delete pod/deployment
* CRUD by applying configuration file
**K8s YAML Configuration File**
* 3 parts of a Kubernetes config file (metadata, specification, status)
* format of configuration file
* blueprint for pods (template)
* connecting services to deployments and pods (label & selector & port)
* Deploying MongoDB and Mongo Express
* MongoDB Pod
* MongoDB Internal Service
* Deployment Service and Config Map
* Mongo Express External Service
**Organizing your components with K8s Namespaces**
* What is a Namespace?
* 4 Default Namespaces
* Create a Namespace
* Why to use Namespaces? 4 Use Cases
* Characteristics of Namespaces
* Create Components in Namespaces
* Change Active Namespace
**K8s Ingress explained**
* What is Ingress? External Service vs. Ingress
* Example YAML Config Files for External Service and Ingress
* Internal Service Configuration for Ingress
* How to configure Ingress in your cluster?
* What is Ingress Controller?
* Environment on which your cluster is running (Cloud provider or bare metal)
* Demo: Configure Ingress in Minikube
* Ingress Default Backend
* Routing Use Cases
* Configuring TLS Certificate
**Helm - Package Manager**
* Package Manager and Helm Charts
* Templating Engine
* Use Cases for Helm
* Helm Chart Structure
* Values injection into template files
* Release Management / Tiller (Helm Version 2!)
**Persisting Data in K8s with Volumes**
* The need for persistent storage & storage requirements
* Persistent Volume (PV)
* Local vs Remote Volume Types
* Who creates the PV and when?
* Persistent Volume Claim (PVC)
* Levels of volume abstractions
* ConfigMap and Secret as volume types
* Storage Class (SC)
Hope the content is useful for some of you 😊