16 thoughts on “The Google Chrome redesign looks awful”

1. Ditto, I was so disappointed when I launched chrome today. They should scrap it along with the new GMail theme they are starting to push out.

2. Instead of people complaining, it’d be nice to see some reasons.

For example, I like the changes because they look more modern and less angled.

However I also think the tab area is too large, and I note that there’s no area above the tabs to drag the window around anymore, however this isn’t a problem **for me**.

Discuss.

3. Heeey, just signed up to the reddit. So newbie here.

I loved the latest update and redesign overall. It’s just simply bringing modern layout on Chrome but I can confirm my surf-speed on web has increased. Now it’s decent for a web browser. I was using Firefox and hid myself from the reddit. Now I am using Chrome, and decided to join Reddit community. It looks delicious.

4. Agreed, it sucks. I hate how everything has to be round nowadays. I wouldn’t mind rectangles with very slightly rounded corners, but circles and rectangles with semicircular ends? No. Fuck this shit.

5. I don’t mind the curves (although they do look worse than previous angles to me) but I do mind that now the whole top of UI takes up too much pixel space.

6. The way she goes. Things update, and it’s not like we’re forced to use it. Tbh, when I hear stuff like this, I just think about how parents complain when they change up facebook up on them. People just don’t like change. In 5 years when they revamp the design again, people will say how awful it looks compared to how good it looks now. I’ve always craved change, so I’m always happy when things update.

7. Just gor the redesign today.
    Don’t like the new tab page, hate how the address bar automatically fills what you type, and I dislike how your saved phrases are no longer bold and just grat text in a bright white box. Makes my eyes hurt.

When are tech companies going to learn “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”?

8. No one is asking for UI to be soft and round. We what recognizable features and clear borders.

Silicon Valley has their heads up their asses.

9. hmm, this design made us industry leaders….after umpteen years lets just up and redesign the whole damn thing. will anyone care? fuck em we on top.