Hello! I am the author of [marshmallow](https://github.com/marshmallow-code/marshmallow). I'm here to ask for your help
with development on marshmallow 3.0, which is underway!
**What is marshmallow?**
marshmallow is a library for validating, deserializing, and serializing data. It's most commonly used to validate request input, deserialize to models, then serialize models to response data.
As web apps are increasingly API-driven, marshmallow has become a popular tool in the Flask ecosystem.
**How can you help?**
There's many ways to contribute!
* Comment on marshmallow's open issues, especially those labeled
* Open an issue with an idea to improve the API.
* Open a PR to address any of the open issues, especially those labeled
[help wanted](https://github.com/marshmallow-code/marshmallow/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22help+wanted%22+). Check out the [Contributing Guidelines](https://marshmallow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/contributing.html) to see how to get started.
* Upgrade your codebase to marshmallow 3 beta. See the [upgrading
* Contribute financially on our [open collective](https://opencollective.com/marshmallow).
* If you're using marshmallow at your company, ask them to [become a sponsor](https://opencollective.com/marshmallow#sponsor)
Thank you to everyone who decides to contribute. It means a lot to the marshmallow team.
2 thoughts on “Author of marshmallow here. We need your help with marshmallow 3.0”
Thank you guys for building this awesome tool! It has been extremely helpful and works well for my apps! Hoping to contribute soon!
Just chucked in $50 – I use marshmallow heavily at work and at home and it’s an incredible tool.